Just before the holiday and flu season, many in New Mexico deal with allergies that are unique to its landscape. September has arrived and the weather appears to be perfect, not too hot and not too coldso many get outdoors.
Natural Awakening readers know the value to get out in nature as often as possible by taking a brisk stroll, riding their bike or simply to walk their dog. Always be equipped with Kleenex and plenty of water; when the winds get strong and the pollen is heavy in the air.
As you begin to sneeze, your eyes water, your nose feels congested and runs, while your throat begins to itch. Next you find yourself exhausted.
This does not have to happen to you. Many people today have a heightened sensitivity to an allergen of some kind (pollen, dust, mold, including food…) causing your immune system to overreact in order to defend itself.
New Mexico’s unique high desert can weaken your body causing an exaggerated reaction to the change of season with its winds over its expansive landscapes move the dry dust, and everything else, around quickly.
It is essential to consume an extremely healthy diet during allergy season. Avoid all processed foods and best to avoid wheat, dairy and sugar completely. Say yes to organic green foods and berries, grass-fed meat and wild caught fish.
Most people find their allergy symptoms are very similar to the flu without a fever, such as: watery eyes; runny nose; sneezing; itchy throat; nasal congestion; wheezing; fatigue; coughing; stomach ache; fatigue; irritability; and skin irritations. In my twenty-seven years of practice, I have offered natural solutions that are proven and work for people with allergies. Here are my favorites:
- Acupuncture– Decreases inflammation and supports the endocrine system (adrenals, thyroid) and fortifies the detox organs (liver, kidney, lung and spleen).
- Chinese herbsandHomeopathy– Histoplex, Xanthium Relieve Surface, Jade Screen or Allergena 6, Juniper 200x homeopathic (that you can begin a month before the season begins for quick results).
- Nasal sprays– RestoreTM Sinus Spray and Ozone Nasal Insufflation can help to clean out the sinus cavity.
- Eye drops– Lubrisine Eye Drops helps to soothe itchy, burning eyes.
- Diet therapy– A simple blood test can reveal a complete list of foods to avoid that are causing inflammation and often a histamine reaction. Also discover if you are deficient in Zinc, Magnesium or Vit. C, all important for a robust immune system.
- IV Therapy– IV Therapies can be the perfect affordable solution to many health issues surfacing. It is a metabolic co-enzyme that can remodel, repair and restructure every cell in your body that might be depleted, while strengthening your immune system and overall energy.