Thyroid health is one of the themes for this month’s issue, the theme is personal for me as a 15-year thyroid cancer survivor. I remember the diagnosis like it was 15 years ago (smile). You never forget that moment when a doctor tells you that you have cancer. I’m not a “why me” type person so I didn’t spend time questioning my fate, instead I made a task list and started to educate myself on all things thyroid related. I remember my doctor in Colorado telling me how lucky I was to have thyroid cancer because it was the easiest form of cancer to have, I remember wanting to punch him but I didn’t.
- Anna Louise LipkinCranioSacral Therapy and Massage
- Blue Desert HaleOff Grid Retreat Center
- Body & BrainExperience a unique system of Yoga, Tai Chi, Breathwork and Meditation exercises
- Body And Mind Wellness CenterSpeciality Massages
- Christian Raphael HypnotherapyHypnotherapy Treatments for Bladder Control, Smoking Cessation and more.
- Church of LightHermetic Astrology with Egyptian Tarot
- CK CommunicationsReadings and Animal Communications
- CranioWavesDeep Craniosacral Healing Work
- Dancing Bear RanchHorse Boarding in Taos
- Dharma Therapeutic MassageMassage therapy provided by a physical therapist, great for post surgical, etc.
- Divine Alignment BodyworkBody alignment naturally
- Energy Medicine RN - Barb WelcerHealth Coaching and Certifications
- Foundation For Divine LoveMedical Intuitive -Live an Enlightened Life, Awaken to your True Nature
- Galaya Intuitive ResourcingIntuitive Consultations
- Heart of The Soul HealingIntegrative holistic healing
- HempworxCBD Products
- High Health NowQuantum Biofeedback, Eye Reading
- Holistic NutritionNutrition programs
- Hypnotherapy Academy31 Years As A State Licensed Hypnotherapy School
- Ines MaricleSound Healing
- Inner Spiral HypnotherapyHypnosis • Regression • EFT • Psychic Readings
- Insight Healing ArtsBrennan Healing Science
- Karen Asbury MDIntegrative Medicine
- Light the Spark, LLCInspirational Trip Planning
- Lynn CliffordYour Authentic Life Coaching & Counseling
- Make Inspired ChoicesSpeaking- Coaching
- Milagro HerbProducts, Classes, Plant Medicines
- Mountain AcupunctureHolistic Medicine - DOM
- Pagosa Hot SpringsColorado's Premier Hot Spring Resort
- PhytotherapyClinical Herbalism, Plant Medicine, Custom Blends, Consultations
- Prana Blessings Metaphysical ShopRetail & Event Venue: We hold space for you to do the work you are called to do.
- Quantum Leap Coaching
- Reverend Marya O'Malleypsychic intuitive medium, author, mentor, teacher, ordained Inter-faith minister
- Revival Sugar WaxBody sugar technique for hair removal.
- River Stone MassageBodywork Massage
- Sacred GardenCannabis products
- Sacred Wellnessorganic full-spectrum regionally-sourced CBD (cannabidiol) products,
- Santa Fe Healthy Path“Back to basic”, learn how to improve your body, emotional and spiritual health.
- Santa Fe Salt CaveSinus-Allergies-Asthma-Congestion-Bronchitis-Anxiety-Depression-Stress Reduction
- Santa Fe Soul Center for Optimal HealthAcupuncture, IV Therapies, Life Coaching, Chiropractic, Prolozone, Skin Regen
- Scout & CellarClean Crafted Wine - Less Sulfites, No Ferrocyanide
- Shalola ProductionsOrganizes spiritual, metaphysical seminars, conferences and Sacred Tours
- Shen Ren QiGongStudy QiGong with Master Tianyou Hao
- Singing BlessingsShamanic Healing Practice
- The Peirsman CranioSacral SchoolCraniosacral Certification Programs
- Veggie Meat RecipesVegetarian Recipes
- Wellness WithinHomeopathy Medicine
- Your Divine Light at Unicorn Mesa LLCIntuitive Healer Certification, Empath Training, Equines Helping Empath Retreats
click HERE for all events
List of advertisers who made the November issue possible. Visit their websites and support their business as a way of saying thank you if you enjoy Natural Awakenings New Mexico.
Healing your thyroid is a journey. I should know I have Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. It is in remission now but my thyroid journey started 21 years ago after my first child was born.
The 2014 legalization of high-grade CBD hemp oil (as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC) means the market has exploded in the last couple of years and will continue to grow at an astounding rate. A few years ago, the CBD oil industry was effectively worthless, but in 2015 it earned $202 million, and in 2016 the market grew to $688 million. By 2021, some financial estimations say that it could be worth $3 billion!
We all know about the common cold and we’ve all had one. But interestingly, thevcommon cold is really not very common at all. That is, no two colds are exactly alike. They can start out stuffed or runny, sneezing or wheezy or all of these during the cycle of the cold. That’s why even with all the scientific and medical advances we’ve had over the past century, no one has discovered “a cure for the common cold”.
Locavores with a hankering for fresh, organic eggs produced close to home have sparked a resurgence in backyard chicken keeping; even people that don’t like omelets are getting in on the trend. It turns out that the little descendants of dinosaurs make fascinating, low-maintenance pets.
This Thanksgiving, there’s something to be especially thankful for—gratitude itself. Emerging research shows gratitude to be one of the easiest, most effective ways to kickstart happiness and well-being. “The good news about gratitude is that it is one of the more growable character strengths—and it’s never too late,” says Giacomo Bono, Ph.D., an assistant professor at California State University, in Dominguez Hills, and co-author of Making Grateful Kids: The Science of Building Character.